The Busboy (Larry David and Jerry Seinfeld)
(Jerry, George, and Elaine are all eating at an Italian restaurant. George hasn't eaten anything)
GEORGE: Why do I get pesto? Why do I think I'll like it? I keep trying to like it, like I have to like it.
JERRY: Who said you have to like it?
GEORGE: Everybody likes pesto. You walk into a restaurant, that's all you hear - pesto, pesto, pesto.
JERRY: I don't like pesto.
GEORGE: Where was pesto 10 years ago?
LOL. Classic. But seriously, who doesn't love pesto? So fresh, so green, so delicious!
Ingredients200 g basil leaves ( a big colander full or three small bunches), ends cut off but I keep the stems on
200 g toasted pine nuts
60 ml extra virgin olive oil
200 g Parmesan cheese, grated
1 clove garlic
1 lemon, juiced
- In a large blender, place pine nuts, basil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Puree for 1 minute or until ingredients are roughly blended.
- Slowly, add oil while blender is on medium setting.
- Add cheese.
- If too thick add a bit more oil.
- Blend until almost smooth or to desired consistency.
- Will last for a few of days in refrigerator.
- If adding to pasta, make sure you include a couple of tablespoons of pasta water when adding pesto to pasta.